When schedules get busy, make-ahead meals can save time and reduce stress. These two easy vegan recipes feature budget-friendly Field Day products, as well as items that can be found in our bulk department, where you can buy just the amount of spices you need. The batch cooking starts by making seasoned rice. Half of it will go into Coconut Curry, the other half into Southwest Rice. And as a bonus: Ingredients cost less than $25, and you get two dinners (for two) and four lunches, helping you prepare for a better week ahead.
Step One | Make the seasoned rice
Seasoned Rice Ingredients
- 2 cups Field Day organic white rice (from a 32-oz package)
- 1 Field Day carton of organic vegetable broth (32 oz)
- 2 tablespoons fat or oil of your choice, such as vegan butter substitute, olive oil, or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic granules from the bulk department
Seasoned Rice Instructions
Bring vegetable broth to a boil in a pot with a good lid. Add rice, fat or oil, and garlic granules. Reduce heat to medium low, cover, and cook until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender (about 30 minutes).
Step Two | Prep and Assemble the Coconut Curry
Make-Ahead Coconut Curry Ingredients
- One 10-oz bag Sno Pac frozen organic broccoli
- One half of a 10-oz bag Sno Pac frozen organic tri-colored peppers
- One (15 oz) can Field Day organic garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- One (13.5 oz) can Field Day organic classic unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons curry powder (from the bulk department)
Make-Ahead Coconut Curry Instructions
While the rice is still hot, combine all the ingredients for the Make-Ahead Coconut Curry with half of the Seasoned Rice in a large bowl and mix. Divide into one dinner-sized container and two lunch-sized containers and that are microwave- and oven-safe.
Step Three | Prep and Assemble the Southwest Rice
Make-Ahead Southwest Rice Ingredients
- Remaining half of a 10-oz bag Sno Pac frozen organic tri-colored peppers
- 2/3 cup Sno Pac frozen organic sweet corn
- One (15 oz) can Field Day organic black beans
- One (14.5 oz) can Field Day organic diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning from the bulk department
Make-Ahead Southwest Rice Instructions
While the rice is still hot, combine all of the ingredients for the Make-Ahead Southwest Rice with the remaining half of the Seasoned Rice in a large bowl and mix. Divide into one dinner-sized container and two lunch-sized containers and that are microwave- and oven-safe.
When ready to serve your make-ahead vegan meals, heat in the microwave for about 2 ½ minutes per lunch-sized serving or in the oven at 350° for about 10 minutes for a lunch-sized container or 20 minutes for a dinner-sized serving, until cooked and heated through.
Want more easy vegan recipes? Try our Tofu and Veggie Noodle Soup in a Jar.