Become an Owner
All are welcome
Everyone is welcome at Lakewinds Food Co-op, and you can shop here whether or not you’re an owner. But when you become an owner, you become part of a truly unique organization that:
- Partners with local, organic farmers
- Follows quality standards that result in clean, nutritious, sustainably grown and ethically raised food
- Supports the local economy
- Provides fair wages, good working conditions and great benefits
- Gives back to the community through financial and food donations
Benefits of ownership
Join the co-op for a one-time $90 purchase, which is good for life. Here are the perks available to owners:
- 5% off one shop each month
Once per month, on the day you choose, enjoy 5% off your purchase. Sorry, but eggs, milk, and bread are not included.
- Owner-only discounts
Throughout the month, we provide discounts that are only for owners, to give you extra thanks.
- Case discounts
As an owner, you get 10% off when you a buy a case of an item. Case sizes vary; stop by a customer service desk for details.
- Co-op leadership
Each owner share gets one vote in our annual election for our board of directors. Owners also have the opportunity to run for a seat on the board.
- Annual patronage refund
In profitable years, you receive a patronage dividend, which is based on the amount you spent that fiscal year.
How to Join
To become an owner, visit one of our Lakewinds Food Co-op store locations and stop by the customer service desk.