Cultivating Community Worldwide
ARIEL PRESSMAN • SEED TO SEED FARM
This winter I had the privilege of participating in a life-changing trip to Oaxaca, Mexico. I joined a delegation of Midwestern farmers organized by the Land Stewardship Project and hosted by Witness for Peace. It feels like a monumental challenge to distill everything I learned on the trip (stop me sometime in the co-op if you have a few hours), but there’s one particular story I’ve thought a lot about over the past few months.
September Community Giving
Reading Partners provides one-on-one instruction to elementary school students reading below their grade level to help them succeed in school and in life. This year, Reading Partners will serve 550 students at 11 schools in the Twin Cities with the support of 660 community volunteers.
Book Drive: Bring new or gently used books for readers ages 5-11 to donate at any Lakewinds location in September.
Benefits of Ownership
- 5% Off one shopping trip each month
- 'Owner-only' deals
- 10% Case discounts
- A vote in the annual board elections
- Owner dividend in proﬁtable years
- Benefits at other Twin Cities co-ops
- Pride of investing in a progressive, local, community-owned business
- Support community programs that nurture a better, healthier world