Our Environmental Commitment
As an owner and customer of Lakewinds, you’re part of something bigger, with a positive impact on our planet. Here are ways we’re all making a difference, together.
Love for local
- We get fresh, organic food, from as close as we can get it.
- This reduces food miles, so our food gets to us using less carbon and fuel.
Support for Organic
- Our focus on organic means that farmers have a market for their organic fruits and vegetables, supporting their farms and livelihood, while having a positive impact on the planet.
- The Lakewinds Organic Field Fund (LOFF) grants help organic farmers with important projects, such as obtaining organic certification, building sheds and storage, installing fencing, purchasing equipment, buying seeds, and more.
Commitment to renewable energy
- We’ve committed to buying energy generated by a solar garden for our Chanhassen location. Solar gardens must be located in a county adjacent to the location being powered, and we’ve found a solar garden adjacent to Carver County, where Chanhassen is located.
- We’re actively searching for solar gardens that can serve our Minnetonka and Richfield stores, which are located in Hennepin County. Stay tuned for solar updates!
- We strive to use renewable, recyclable, compostable, or post-consumer materials when possible, in our signs, furniture, mailers, flyers, and more.
- Look for compostable bags in our produce department, where we also offer reusable bags that you can buy for under $1.
- Our receipts are compostable, too!
- Take advantage of our bulk aisle and bring jars and containers from home, so you can take home delicious food, without using single-use plastic.
Thank you for supporting Lakewinds and our commitment to the environment!