Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Lentils and Tahini Dressing
These roated sweet potatoes are topped with wilted kale, marinated lentils, and a lemony tahini drizzle; a quick and versatile meal at its best!
1 1/2 pounds small sweet potatoes (about 4-6), washed
2 tablespoons Riojana or California Olive Ranch olive oil, divided
1 shallot, finely chopped
3/4 cup Taking Stock chicken bone broth, Pacific bone broth, or stock from the deli
4 cups packed kale, washed and trimmed and roughly chopped
1 1/2 cups Lemony Marinated Lentils
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup tahini
4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon salt
Pinch of pepper
- Heat oven to 400° and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the sweet potatoes on the lined baking sheet and prick each several times with a fork. Bake 45 to 60 minutes, until fork-tender.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium heat. Add shallot and cook 3 to 5 minutes until transparent, stirring frequently. Add the chicken broth and kale. cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently until the liquid evaporates and kale is tender. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together water, tahini, lemon juice, one tablespoon of the olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper until smooth. Add additional water one teaspoon at a time until desired consistency.
- To serve, cut each sweet potato in half and mash the flesh with a fork. Place two halves on each plate. Top with kale, lentils, and a drizzle of tahini dressing.
Sweet potatoes can be baked ahead of time and stored covered in the refrigerator for up to four days.
The tahini dressing can also be made ahead and stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to five days.
Serving Size Makes four servings
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.