Minnesota Wild Rice Hotdish
This take on hotdish has only 6 real ingredients and is so simple to make. Keep it vegetarian or add some leftover chicken, either way it is the perfect meal on a cold fall night.
- ½ cup butter or ghee
- 1 cup wild rice
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- In a large skillet, sauté everything except the broth for 10 minutes.
- Pour into a 2-quart baking dish, add broth, cover and bake at 350° for 2 to 2 ½ hours until broth is absorbed.
- Make it up to two days in advance so it’s ready.
Turn your leftover turkey, gravy, broth and wild rice hotdish into a pot of Turkey Wild Rice Soup. Just combine, heat, and eat.
You can make the stuffing up to two days in advance and store in the fridge.