With a warm, somewhat bitter taste, turmeric is often the main spice in Asian dishes but is actually amazing for every day use. Its anti-inflammatory properties make it a must for natural inflammation relief such as heartburn, joint and stomach pain, skin inflammations and much more. Use these easy, healthy ways to get turmeric into your daily diet without getting slammed with too much “straight” turmeric taste.
- Mix 1 tsp with 2 cups boiling milk, let cool, then add 1 Tbsp (no sugar added) maple syrup
- Add 1 Tbsp to vegetable soups (adding lots of fresh oregano will also kill off infections or viruses)
- Sprinkle onto eggs or vegan egg substitutes
- Add 1 tsp to muffin recipes (work great with banana and cashew muffins)
- Dissolve 2 tsp of turmeric in 2 cups boiling water, add 1 Tbsp maple syrup, a sprinkle of black pepper and squeeze in a lemon wedge for tea
- Add turmeric, coriander and cumin spices equally to a saltshaker—add to any dish!
- Pancake batter gets a healthy, spicy kick with pinches of turmeric, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove and cardamom
- Add 1 tsp to any smoothie to get the health benefits without affecting the taste