Tofu Breakfast Hash
Sheet pan cooking is a no-fuss way to deliver family meals. Take this delicious breakfast hash—eggs, potatoes, in-season asparagus, peppers, marinated tofu, gouda, and more—tossed together and baked with smoked paprika and balsamic vinegar. What a way to start a weekend morning!
- 1 package firm MinnTofu, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 Tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 lb. potatoes (Driftless Gems, Gem Medley, or Yukon Gold), scrubbed and cut into ¾ inch pieces
- 2 Tablespoons Smude's sunflower oil
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 4 eggs
- 1 jalapeño, sliced in rings
- 3 red radishes, sliced thin
- 2 oz. Marieke smoked gouda, shaved
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with a clean tea towel or paper towels and arrange the cubed tofu in a single layer over the top. Lay another towel over the tofu and place something heavy (wood cutting board, cookbooks) to help the tofu drain for at least 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix the pressed tofu, aminos, paprika, and garlic powder and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the cornstarch until evenly coated, then add potatoes to the bowl along with 1 teaspoon salt and sunflower oil and toss.
- Arrange the tofu and potatoes in a single layer on a parchment and bake for 30 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Remove tray from oven and place asparagus on top of the tofu and potatoes.
- Make four wells in the vegetables and crack an egg into each.
- Return the pan to the oven for another 10-12 minutes, until the tofu is deeply golden on the edges, the potatoes and asparagus are browned and tender, and the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with jalapeños and radishes and sprinkle with the shaved gouda.
Press and marinate the tofu the night before for best results.