Sirloin Steak with Pesto & Asparagus
Start with local beef sirloin — sustainably raised and full of flavor. Add locally grown garlic scape pesto for zing, and local, organic asparagus. Create a spring dish with the flavor, texture, and yum factor you’ve waited for all season.
- 2 top sirloin steaks (about 4ounces each)
- 1 bunch (about 1 pound) thick asparagus, trimmed
- 3 Tbsp Escape Garlic Scape Pesto, divided
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Remove steaks from the refrigerator and bring to room temperature.
- Heat gas or charcoal grill to high heat.
- In a large bowl, toss asparagus with one tablespoon of the pesto.
- Pat steak dry with paper towels, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place steak and asparagus on the grill. Cook the steak and asparagus 4 to 5 minutes per side, turning once until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the steak registers 125°F for medium-rare or desired doneness and asparagus is crisp-tender.
- Rest the steaks on a cutting board 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve steaks and asparagus with additional pesto.
Serving Size 2
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.