One-Skillet Chicken and Pasta
Yield 4 servings
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ large onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 lb ground chicken thighs
- One package All Clean Food - Creamy Garlic Pasta, dried pasta and flavor packet separated.
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed
- 2 Tablespoons butter or butter alternative
- 2 bags SnoPak frozen organic butternut squash
- 2 Tablespoons Plant Perks Garlic and Herb spread (or regular cream cheese)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme, stems removed
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- Using a 12" skillet with a lid, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and a pinch of salt and sauté for 5 minutes, then add garlic and ground chicken.
- Break up ground chicken and cook until just browned.
- Add the uncooked pasta, stock, and spinach.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of salt, cover, and cook for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure pasta is submerged.
- Uncover and add butter, flavor packet, and frozen squash.
- Mix and let simmer until liquid is reduced and pasta is tender.
- Add cheese spread and fresh thyme (saving some for garnish), and stir into pasta to make the sauce.
- Simmer until squash is heated through and the sauce has thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.