Chunky Beef and Vegetable Soup with Chutney
This hearty and satisfying soup packed with vegetables, beans, and beef is topped with Maazah Chutney for a fresh, bright flavor.
- 2 tablespoons. olive oil
- 1½ lbs beef stew meat or steak, cut into ½-inch pieces
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons original GRLK sauce
- ½ cup red wine or beef broth
- 5 cups beef broth
- ½ cup North Bay Trading Co. 32-Bean & 8-Vegetable Dry Soup Mix (found in the bulk aisle)
- Maazah Chutney for serving
- In a 4-quart Dutch oven, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. Cook beef about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until browned; drain. Set beef aside.
- In the same Dutch oven, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add onions; cook and stir until onions are tender. Add garlic spread and cook an additional 1 minute.
- Add the wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from bottom of the pan. Stir in broth and dry soup mix. Bring mixture to a boil and cook 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low; add in reserved beef. Cover and cook 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until the beans are tender.
- Serve with Mazzah Chutney spooned over the top.
Makes: 4 servings (1 1/2 cups each)