Lakewinds is a democratically controlled cooperative, and our owners shape the direction of the co-op by voting for our board of directors. This year, there are five candidates running for three seats. Owners can vote in-store or online through Sept. 21, or at the very start of the Annual Meeting on Sept. 22. Vote today and make sure your voice is heard! Results will be shared at our Annual Meeting.
If you are having trouble logging in to vote, call your local Lakewinds customer service desk for assistance between the hours of 7 am and 9 pm. Between the hours of 9 pm and 7 am, email Marketing@Lakewinds.com. We’ll respond within the next two business days to help you cast your vote.
Annual Owner Meeting
Sunday, September 22 from 1 to 4 pm
Gale Woods Farm
7210 County Rd 110 W, Minnetrista, MN 55364
Join us, Lakewinds owners, for a celebration of our co-op and a look back at the last fiscal year! Ticket sales ended on September 7, but the meeting portion of our Annual Meeting is free and open to all owners (starting at 1:15).
Ticketed entry includes:
- Cooking demos by local award-winning chef, Beth Dooley, author of “Sweet Nature.”
- Meet farmers from our LOFF grant program. Hear how the LOFF grant impacted their operations and what projects they’re working on now.
- Meet makers from our Maker to Market accelerator program. Hear about the journey of bringing their delicious products to the grocery shelves at Lakewinds.
- Self-guided tour of the barn at Gale Woods with farm staff available to educate and answer questions.
- Wagon rides—see the farm!
- A selection of organic and seasonal small bites, hors de oeuvres, and mocktails catered by Common Roots.
(Note: No sit-down plated meal this year.)
- Other family-friendly activities and games on the farm!