Product Recalls and Alerts
We want you know what’s in the food you eat and the items you buy. So when we’re notified about product recalls and alerts, we want you to know, quickly. We always post information here, and we’ll also email individuals on our email list for larger recalls.
If you purchased affected items, please return them to one of our stores for a full refund. If you’ve used a product and are experiencing any symptoms, please see your healthcare provider without delay. Your safety comes first.
Recent recalls and alerts
Alexia Organic Hash Browns | Recall
August 25, 2022
Alexia has voluntarily recalled a batch of hash browns after a product sample was found to contain the bacteria Listeria monocytogenes, which can cause serious infections and possibly be fatal for young children, frail or elderly people, those with weakened immune systems, and cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant people. There have been no confirmed illnesses related to the product, but anyone who bought this item should throw it away. If you bought this item at Lakewinds, you may return it for a refund.
Affected items’ details are:
Alexia Organic Seasoned Hash Browns, UPC 834183003035, best by dates between August of 2022 and December of 2023 with these lot codes.
Enjoy Life Natural Brands | Recall
July 1, 2022
Enjoy Life has voluntarily recalled items due to the possible presence of small food-grade plastic being found in a small amount of their products. The affected items’ details are:
- Enjoy Life Chocolate Chip Banana Breakfast Bar, UPC 81959701257, best by dates of 1-6-2023, 1-7-2023, 1-19-2023, 1-20-2023, 2-12-2023
- Enjoy Life Sunbutter Crunch Gluten-Free Snack Bar, UPC 85352200062, best by date of 3-3-2023
- Enjoy Life Snickerdoodle Gluten-Free Cookie, UPC 85352200018, best by dates of 3-4-2023, 3-10-2023
- Enjoy Life Chocolate Chip Gluten-Free Cookie, UPC 85352200019, best by dates of 2-5-2023, 2-6-2023, 3-5-2023
- Enjoy Life Double Chocolate Brownie Gluten-Free Cookie, UPC 85352200021, best by date of 3-6-2023
Added on July 21, 2022
- Enjoy Life Chocolate Chip Banana Breakfast Oval, UPC 819597012576, best by date of 12-31-2022
- Enjoy Life Soft Baked Snickerdoodle Cookie, UPC 853522000184, best by date of 2-4-2023
SoDelicious Salted Caramel Sundae | Recall
June 23, 2022
SoDelicious has voluntarily recalled a small number of frozen desserts after Peanut Sundae cones were inadvertently packed into Salted Caramel Sundae cartons. The affected items’ details are:
- SoDelicious Dairy Free Wondermilk Frozen Dessert Salted Caramel Sundae, UPC 3663207821, best by date of 6-15-2023
Culina Yogurt | Recall
June 17, 2022
Culina Yogurts has voluntarily recalled 5-oz yogurts because they may contain fragments of glass. The affected items details are:
- Culina coconut yogurt, plain, 5 oz, UPC 0085472400708, use by date of 10-26-2022 and 11-23-2022
- Culina coconut yogurt, bourbon vanilla, 5 oz, UPC 0085472400709, use by date of 11-23-2022
- Culina coconut yogurt, strawberry rose, UPC 0085472400710, use by date of 10-21-2022 and 10-30-2022
- Culina coconut yogurt, blueberry lavender, UPC 0085472400711, use by date of 11-13-2022
- Culina coconut yogurt, sour cherry almond, UPC 0085472400722, use by date of 10-30-2022
Organic strawberries | Alert
May 31, 2022
There are reports that organic strawberries caused one illness in Minnesota. Lakewinds has not received any affected berries to our knowledge. If you purchased strawberries in April through early May and froze them, you are encouraged to throw them away out of an abundance of caution.
Wisco Pop | Recall
May 14, 2022
Wisco Pop voluntarily recalled its soda cans. A stray wild yeast in some of the cans may cause fermentation and over-carbonation that could cause cans to bulge and possibly burst open. Its sodas sold in bottles are not affected.
- Wisco Pop strawberry – Lot 040822.01
- Wisco Pop grapefruit – Lot 031022.02
- Wisco Pop cherry – Lots 030722.01 and 040822.02
- Wisco Pop ginger – Lots 031322.02 and 040822.03
Product recalls versus product alerts
The FDA and our vendors notify us about product recalls. We immediately remove those items from our shelves, email customers, and post the information on our website. To make sure you get emails from us, please subscribe at the bottom of this page.
Sometimes we’re sent product alerts, which are not formal recalls. We review the alert to see if there’s a health risk involved. If so, we remove the product from our shelves, post an alert on our website, and follow up with the vendor to see if there’s further information our customers should know.
See the FDA site for a full list of current recalled products.