Community Giving / Round Up Donation Program Application
Lakewinds Food Co-op is committed to giving back to our community, and we’ve been doing so for over 45 years. We invite our owners and customers to participate in our community giving program in a tangible way by choosing to “round-up” their grocery bill to the nearest dollar. These donations are given to recipient organizations that share Lakewinds’ commitment and vision for healthier communities.
Each year, a calendar of monthly recipients is established. One organization per month is selected by Lakewinds employees, and all Round Up donations made during that month will go to the designated recipient. Organizations may be a recipient no more than once per year. Recipients are chosen in December of each year for the following calendar year.
To be considered for Round Up, an organization’s mission and work should relate to:
- Equity, access, and sustainability in the local food system
- Sustainable agriculture and organic food producers
Organizations must be:
- Non-sectarian and non-partisan
- A registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit
- Based in the Twin Cities metro area served by Lakewinds Food Co-op
Priority will be given to organizations that:
- Will use Round Up funds for projects directly related to food access, building a healthier and more equitable food system, or sustainable agriculture
- Use this funding for specific projects, not for general operating costs
How to Apply:
Please fill out the application form below with as much detail as possible. Include certification or your nonprofit status and one piece of additional information about your organization (brochure, flyer, outreach materials, etc.). If you have questions about the application or selection process, please email email@example.com