Call for Applicants
Join Lakewinds’ Board of Directors
Take another step as an owner of Lakewinds Food Co-op and submit an application for a position on our Board of Directors. The board is elected by owners to serve as their representatives and ensure the co-op remains focused on our vision and mission. This year three of nine seats are up for election.
Board responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the co-op’s financial condition
- Connecting to our owners
- Shaping our co-op’s vision
- Working closely with the General Manager to set long-term strategies to attain this vision
Board member qualifications include:
- Being a member-owner of the co-op in good standing
- Not currently employed by Lakewinds Food Co-op or any competing grocer
- Strong communication skills, strategic thinking, and other leadership qualities
- Prior experience making decisions in a group setting
- Ability to undertake fiduciary responsibility on behalf of the cooperative and its member-owners
Ideal candidates share a passion for helping the co-op achieve success. They have a clear understanding of what it means to participate on a policy board. They bring skill sets from a variety of industries and other board or life experiences, combined with a strong desire to help the co-op continue as a valuable community resource.
Board members are elected for a three-year term. Board meetings are held monthly, except in December. The average monthly commitment is 5-10 hours (more for officers), depending on individual committee and project workloads. Board members receive a stipend and a discount on grocery purchases.
To help owners assess their interests and qualifications, two information sessions have been scheduled at the following Board Meetings:
- Monday, June 25, 6:00 pm
- Monday, July 23, 6:00 pm
Board meetings are held at the administrative office in Eden Prairie.
Completed applications are due by July 28, 2018 at 5 p.m. to email@example.com. Candidate bios and a ballot will be made available to owners in August. Newly elected board members will be announced at our annual owner meeting on September 16, 2018.