Lakewinds Co-op Meat & Seafood is hiring a current or aspiring meat and seafood service expert.
Our business depends on building a team of individuals who understand the importance of customer service skills. Storytelling skills are crucial, as we are here to answer questions about food systems and the ethics of sustainable animal production. A love of cooking, or an interest in learning, is important for all members of our team. A willingness to engage customers in conversation, share recipes, and answer questions is what sets us apart from other meat and seafood departments.
Establish yourself in the department and grow as a fishmonger, sausage maker, or butcher. Lakewinds Co-op work culture appreciates the importance of every job and every worker. Apply today for a rewarding position working for Meat & Seafood
- Provide excellent, prompt, friendly, and courteous customer service
- Maintain meat and seafood displays, freezer, prep, and storage areas in clean, orderly condition, meeting established safety and sanitation guidelines
- Answer department phone calls in a prompt and professional manner and assist customers in taking orders
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends
- Standing for several hours at a time
- Lifting and moving up to 50 lbs. repeatedly and 80 lbs. occasionally