At Lakewinds, the health and well-being of our community and staff come first. COVID-19 continues to impact all of us, and at our stores, we are taking a number of steps to encourage social distancing and help protect the health of everyone who enters our doors.
As of Dec. 1, the following changes are in place.
- Face coverings | A face covering that covers both mouth and nose is required to be worn per Governor Walz’s order. Those with medical issues may wear a full face shield or use curbside pickup or delivery. Thank you for understanding and complying with the governor’s order.
- Social distancing | Please be aware of your fellow shoppers and keep a social distance of 6 feet as you move through the aisles. Here are more shopping tips:
- Make a list that follows the store layout — produce, bulk, refrigerated, groceries, meat, wellness, deli — so you have a better chance to make it through the store with minimum backtracking.
- Shop alone if possible — this helps create more space within the store aisles.
- Plan your trip during quieter hours if you’re able. Our most recent data shows less traffic on weekdays between 1-3 pm.
- Please watch for signage and stickers on the floor to help guide you to checkout.
- Plexiglass at checkout | We’ve installed temporary plexiglass shields at the registers to help reduce cashiers’ exposure. If you’re able to pay by card, that’s preferred over cash or check.
- Bagging groceries | You may be asked to bag your own groceries. Drive-up service is temporarily discontinued. Feel free to take your carts out to your vehicle; staff will corral them and take them back inside.
- Hot bar, salad bar, beverage bar & cafes | The salad bars at Richfield and Minnetonka are temporarily closed, with many items available pre-packaged. Chanhassen has staff-served green salads, with toppings and cold sides of your choice, available at the deli counter. Café seating areas are closed until further notice. Note that we now have hot bar meals served by staff!
- Minnetonka hot bar hours are 8 am for breakfast, noon for lunch, closes at 7 pm.
- Chanhassen hot bar hours are 8 am for breakfast, noon for lunch, closes at 7 pm.
- Richfield hot bar hours are 8 am for breakfast, 11 am for lunch, closes at 6 pm. The beverage bar is open from 8 am to 3 pm.
We’re also packaging all of our baked goods and making other minor changes.
We continue to closely monitor recommendations from the Minnesota Department of Health and the CDC. Behind the scenes, we are still taking a number of steps, including:
- Staff at stores are frequently deep cleaning high-traffic areas and high-touch items.
- Employees are washing hands often and closely following our cleanliness best practices.
- Any staff who feel ill are asked to stay home.
During this time of uncertainty, please know that we’re doing our best to stock shelves and serve our customers and owners, while protecting the health of those in our community.
Grocery delivery & curbside pickup
We have curbside pickup at Minnetonka and delivery available through Instacart for those who wish to avoid the stores or are unable to wear face coverings. Sorry, but in-store sales events and sales prices do not apply to delivery at this time. Owners can link their owner number to their account (under Loyalty Cards) so purchases will count toward their annual patronage dividend.
Thank you for understanding, and thank you for supporting the co-op.