At Lakewinds, the health and wellbeing of our community and staff come first. COVID-19 continues to impact all of us, and at our stores, we are taking a number of steps to encourage social distancing and help protect the health of everyone who enters our doors.
As of May 29, the following changes are in place.
- Store hours | 9 am to 7 pm daily. This gives our staff time to stock shelves, deep clean the store, and do extra sanitizing of high-touch areas before the doors open.
- Face Coverings | We’ve provided staff with facemasks or face shields, and employees are required to wear one (or their own mask or bandana) while they work. Per CDC guidelines, our customers are encouraged but not required to wear a facemask.
- Social distancing | Please be aware of your fellow shoppers, and keep a social distance of 6 feet as you move through the aisles. Here are more shopping tips:
- Make a list that follows the store layout — produce, bulk, refrigerated, groceries, meat, wellness, deli — so you have a better chance to make it through the store with minimum backtracking.
- Shop alone if possible — this helps create more space within the store aisles.
- Plan your trip during quieter hours if you’re able. Our most recent data shows less traffic on weekdays between 1-3 pm and 6-7 pm.
- Please watch for signage and stickers on the floor to help guide you to checkout.
- Plexiglass at checkout | We’ve installed temporary plexiglass shields at the registers to help reduce cashiers’ exposure. If you’re able to pay by card, that’s preferred over cash or check.
- Bagging groceries | For the time being, reusable bags are not allowed. You may be asked to bag your own groceries. Drive-up service is temporarily discontinued. Feel free to take your carts out to your vehicle; staff will corral them and take them back inside.
- Hot bar, salad bar, beverage bar & cafes | The salad bars at Richfield and Minnetonka are temporarily closed, with many items available pre-packaged. Chanhassen has staff-served green salads, with toppings and cold sides of your choice, available at the deli counter. The beverage bar at Richfield is temporarily closed, and our café seating areas are closed until further notice. Note that we now have hot bar meals served by staff!
- Minnetonka hot bar hours are 9 am for breakfast, noon for lunch, closes at 6 pm.
- Chanhassen hot bar hours are 9 am for breakfast, noon for lunch, closes mid-afternoon.
- Richfield hot bar hours are 9 am for breakfast, 11 am for lunch, closes at 6 pm.
- Other | We are not allowing any reusable food containers at this time. We are not accepting any special orders. We are temporarily suspending our return policy, given that we can’t trace what items may come into contact with after leaving the stores. If there is a quality concern with any product, we will always offer a replacement.
We’re also packaging all of our baked goods and making other minor changes.
People want to know when their favorites are in, and we get it! Our favorite co-op staples help us all feel better while staying home. What we can say is: Every day is different, with deliveries coming daily. Sometimes items we expect to arrive are unexpectedly delayed. But we have plenty of food on our shelves, and we appreciate your flexibility to choose an alternate brand or item if your favorite is out.
We continue to closely monitor recommendations from the Minnesota Department of Health and the CDC. Behind the scenes, we are still taking a number of steps, including:
- Staff at stores are frequently deep cleaning high-traffic areas and high-touch items.
- Employees are washing hands often and closely following our cleanliness best practices.
- Any staff who feel ill are asked to stay home.
During this time of uncertainty, please know that we’re doing our best to stock shelves and serve our customers and owners, while protecting the health of those in our community.
Q: Can I pick up a grocery order at the store?
A: We have delivery available through Instacart for those who wish to avoid the stores. Customers who live outside of the delivery area can consider receiving their delivery at an alternate address within the delivery area, such as a park or their workplace.
Q: What items are you short on at the stores?
A: Every day is different, with deliveries coming daily. Sometimes items we expect to arrive are unexpectedly delayed. We have plenty of food on our shelves, but we appreciate our customers’ flexibility to choose an alternate brand or item if their favorite is currently unavailable.
Q: Anything else to know?
A: We’re thanking our staff by giving them an extra $2/hr at this time. Our staff is at the heart of all we do, and they continue to go above and beyond to provide timely, warm service; keep shelves stocked; and support each other and our shoppers, providing kindness and calm.
We will update this page over time, so check back for the latest news in the weeks to come. Thank you for understanding, and thank you for supporting the co-op.