At Lakewinds, the health and wellbeing of our community and staff come first. COVID-19 continues to impact all of us, and at our stores, we are taking a number of steps to encourage social distancing and help protect the health of everyone who enters our doors.
As of March 25, the following changes are taking place at our stores.
- Store hours | 9 am to 7 pm daily
- Social distancing | Please be mindful of shoppers around you, and keep the recommended six feet of social distance. At checkout, please follow the visual cues on the floor as you queue up, and try to keep extra space between you and the cashier during payment. Thank you.
- Bagging groceries | You may at times be asked to bag your own groceries. Stores may be discontinuing reusable bag use for now. We may be pausing drive-up service. Feel free to take your carts out to your vehicle; staff will corral them and take them back inside. Thanks for understanding.
- Hot bar and salad bars | These are temporarily closed, with many items available pre-packaged.
- At Minnetonka only, we have temporarily replaced the burrito bar with certain hot bar items and soups, which are served by staff. Breakfast burritos and sandwiches are available in the morning.
- Beverage bar | The bev bar at Richfield is temporarily closed.
- Cafes | Our café seating areas are closed until further notice.
- Returns | We are temporarily suspending our return policy, given that we can’t trace what items may come into contact with after leaving the stores. If there is a quality concern with any product, we will always offer a replacement.
- Other | We are not allowing any reusable food containers at this time. We are not accepting special orders.
We’re also packaging all of our baked goods and making other minor changes.
We continue to closely monitor recommendations from the Minnesota Department of Health and the CDC. Behind the scenes, we are still taking a number of steps, including:
- Staff at stores are frequently deep cleaning high-traffic areas and high-touch items.
- Employees are washing hands often and closely following our cleanliness best practices.
- Any staff who feel ill are asked to stay home.
During this time of uncertainty, please know that we’re doing our best to stock shelves and serve our customers and owners, while protecting the health of those in our community.
Q: Can I pick up a grocery order at the store?
A: We have delivery available through Instacart for those who wish to avoid the stores. Customers who live outside of the delivery area can consider receiving their delivery at an alternate address within the delivery area, such as a park or their workplace. Please order your groceries well before you want your delivery to take place. Due to high demand, unfortunately Instacart is experiencing delays at this time.
Q: What items are you short on at the stores?
A: Every day is different, with deliveries coming daily. Sometimes items we expect to arrive are unexpectedly delayed. Generally, like other retailers, we are struggling to keep certain items, such as toilet paper and hand sanitizer, stocked. We have plenty of food on our shelves, but we appreciate our customers’ flexibility to choose an alternate brand or item if their favorite is currently unavailable.
Q: What else is different at the stores?
A: We respectfully request that customers follow social distancing guidelines as they shop. Please keep adequate space around you and your fellow shoppers, and give space to the person in front of you in line at checkout. Visual cues are on the floor for guidance as you approach the checkout area. Of course, anyone who feels ill should stay home. Thank you for your cooperation.
Q: Anything else to know?
A: We’re thanking our staff by giving them an extra $2/hr for hours worked March 1-28. Our staff is at the heart of all we do, and they continue to go above and beyond to provide timely, warm service; keep shelves stocked; and support each other and our shoppers, providing kindness and calm.
We will update this page over time, so check back for the latest news in the weeks to come. Thank you for understanding, and thank you for supporting the co-op.