At Lakewinds, the health and wellbeing of our community and staff come first. COVID-19 continues to impact all of us, and at our stores, we are taking a number of steps to encourage social distancing and help protect the health of everyone who enters our doors.
As of July 27, the following changes are in place.
- Store hours | 9 am to 7 pm daily. This gives our staff time to stock shelves, deep clean the store, and do extra sanitizing of high-touch areas before the doors open.
- Face Coverings | The state of Minnesota requires everyone over the age of 5 to wear a face covering in all indoor businesses (unless you’re alone).
- Social distancing | Please be aware of your fellow shoppers, and keep a social distance of 6 feet as you move through the aisles. Here are more shopping tips:
- Make a list that follows the store layout — produce, bulk, refrigerated, groceries, meat, wellness, deli — so you have a better chance to make it through the store with minimum backtracking.
- Shop alone if possible — this helps create more space within the store aisles.
- Plan your trip during quieter hours if you’re able. Our most recent data shows less traffic on weekdays between 1-3 pm.
- Please watch for signage and stickers on the floor to help guide you to checkout.
- Plexiglass at checkout | We’ve installed temporary plexiglass shields at the registers to help reduce cashiers’ exposure. If you’re able to pay by card, that’s preferred over cash or check.
- Bagging groceries | You may be asked to bag your own groceries. Drive-up service is temporarily discontinued. Feel free to take your carts out to your vehicle; staff will corral them and take them back inside.
- Hot bar, salad bar, beverage bar & cafes | The salad bars at Richfield and Minnetonka are temporarily closed, with many items available pre-packaged. Chanhassen has staff-served green salads, with toppings and cold sides of your choice, available at the deli counter. Café seating areas are closed until further notice. Note that we now have hot bar meals served by staff!
- Minnetonka hot bar hours are 9 am for breakfast, noon for lunch, closes at 6 pm.
- Chanhassen hot bar hours are 9 am for breakfast, noon for lunch, closes mid-afternoon.
- Richfield hot bar hours are 9 am for breakfast, 11 am for lunch, closes at 6 pm. The beverage bar is open from 9 am to 3 pm.
We’re also packaging all of our baked goods and making other minor changes.
We continue to closely monitor recommendations from the Minnesota Department of Health and the CDC. Behind the scenes, we are still taking a number of steps, including:
- Staff at stores are frequently deep cleaning high-traffic areas and high-touch items.
- Employees are washing hands often and closely following our cleanliness best practices.
- Any staff who feel ill are asked to stay home.
During this time of uncertainty, please know that we’re doing our best to stock shelves and serve our customers and owners, while protecting the health of those in our community.
We have delivery available through Instacart for those who wish to avoid the stores. Customers who live outside of the delivery area can consider receiving their delivery at an alternate address within the delivery area, such as a park or their workplace. Sorry, but in-store sales events and sales prices do not apply to delivery at this time.
Thank you for understanding, and thank you for supporting the co-op.