Grilled Sirloin Steak with Pesto and Asparagus
Yield 2 servings
Flavorful garlic scape pesto makes this steak and asparagus a quick, and easy dish for a weeknight dinner.
- 2 top sirloin steaks (about 4 ounces each)
- 1 bunch (about 1 pound) asparagus, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons Escape Garlic Scape Pesto, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Remove steaks from the refrigerator and bring to room temperature. Heat gas or charcoal grill for high heat. In a large bowl, toss asparagus with one tablespoon of the pesto.
- Pat steak dry with paper towels, sprinkled with salt and pepper.
- Place steak and asparagus on the grill. Cook the steak and asparagus 4 to 5 minutes per side, turning once until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the steak registers 125°F for medium-rare or desired doneness and asparagus is crisp-tender.
- Rest the steaks on a cutting board 5 minutes before slicing. Serve steaks and asparagus with additional pesto.